10 May 2008

WALK THROUGH THE FIRE.

I keep talking about how I'm, "finally going to write something on here," so I decided to just do it.
I'm scared.

I have to take this class in May in order to graduate, well, retake. If I don't pass with a C, I'll be screwed and I don't know what I'm going to do about it. It's kind of not an option really. Then, assuming I pass, I'll be home in June where I'll work for about a year while I prep for my LSAT and GRE, one or both of which I'll need to take and neither of which I want to take. See, I didn't think I was going to graduate on time and so I had all of my applications and stuff planned for my victory lap. Well, I'm graduating on time (albeit August instead of May, but I still consider it on time, it's still 2008 right? Right.) so now I have to find a job to fill that pesky year that I'll be drudgingly spending chez moi. Ew. It's not that I don't absolutely adore my family, I just can't live there anymore. Since I've been "on my own" the past four years, I've been able to set my own schedule, do my own thing, and once I go home, I'm no longer master of my domain. Bad phrasing, but still. Plus my bed sucks.

Now I don't care what kind of job I get. I'll work at Starbucks, Target, I saw that DSW was hiring; but I'd like to find something that pertains to what I want to do. Problem: I still have no idea what I want to do. And while I no longer want to pursue a career in art history, it's still a pretty wide open field. Yes, I'd like to go to law school, but I have no idea what for; and don't they kind of look for direction in interviews and personal statements? Ugh. I guess I'll have to spend this year as a journey for self discovery. Gross.

No comments: